Saturday, April 17, 2010

Elphame's Choice

Title: Elphame's Choice
Author: P. C. Cast
Reading level: All
Paperback: 426 pages
ISBN #:9780373210152
Received From: I bought it
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Group Genre: Mythology/Fantasy
Cover: A
Overall: A+

" Worshipped. Set apart. Unable to connect with others. Though most girls believe she's different, Elphame knows she is. Odd. Strange. Unique. No one in Patholon has her abilities—or her connection to their goddess. And she has a destiny she is about to discover.... A restlessness has infused her, leading her to the other side of her country. There, the remnants of an evil war still linger. Will Elphame be able to redeem both her country and her soul mate, a survivor of that war? The choice she makes now may bring disaster–or a future in which she may never be alone again."


Once again P.C. Cast captures my imagination. I was a little leery at first upon purchasing this book, But I was just too darn curious and I'm glad I was! Cast's mixture of mythology, romance and fantasy to create her own world of Parthalon. Filled with centaurs, vampire like winged creatures, and medieval-esque humans you'll be captivated from the first chapter. And unlike her HoN series Parthalon appeals to not only YA but everyone. The language and actions weren't pure teen (which was my only complaint with House of Night) here I could really see people of all ages delighted. Being a huge mythological fan I loved the influences to Greek, Roman, and Saxon legends and tales. And the characters were so relatable even with their medieval flair. And my favorite part was that Cast has created her own world, her own myth. A place I could travel to in my imagination. I saw and felt the world of Parthalon and I can't wait to return in Brighid's quest. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in a fantasy they can really get sucked in to. I myself could not put this book down and cannot wait till my weekend to go purchase the second in the series!


LOL=Lots Of Love

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great-very interesting!

    Guess what? Come on over to my blog...and see;)

    http://enchantedbyjosephine.blogspot.com/2010/04/guess-who.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails