Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Author of the Month: P. C. Cast

Every month I like to take a little time in between reviews and meme's to recognize some of the great authors who make reading such a joyous experience for me! This month I have chosen ( haha no pun intended) P.C. Cast the author of The House of Night series (of which I am obsessed) and her new Partholon Series. But before I begin pouring on the praise for this lovely lady let me give you her bio:

P.C. Cast was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour of the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. Ms. Cast is a New York Times Best-Selling Author. Her novels have been awarded the prestigious: Oklahoma Book Award, YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers, Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award, the prism, Holt Medallion, Daphne du Maurier, Booksellers Best, and the Laurel Wreath. Her books include (in no particular order): The House of Night Series (Marked, Chosen, Betrayed, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, and Burned so far...), Partholon Series (Elphames Choice and Brighids Quest), The Divine Series (Divine by Mistake, Divine by Choice, Divine by Blood, Divine Beginnings), Nocturne Silhouette Series (The Avenger). And hopefully more to come!!! Ms. Cast lives in Oklahoma with her fabulous daughter, her spoiled cat, and her adorable Scotties! For more info check out her website here!


P.C. Cast makes my imagination soar, she takes her novels to great lengths. I swear you can use all five senses as you read I can see it, feel their emotions, taste triumph and defeat, smell the wide open plains or hidden groves, and hear the distinctive voice of each and every character. She truly amazes me with her writing style and I cannot wait to read more from this wonderful woman. I feel that every time I open a P.C. Cast books I am a child on Christmas morning waiting to tear through my new present. This is what makes her an amazing author and I just wanted to say thank you P.C. for making my imagination soar to new heights!


LOL= Lots Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails