Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Between Two Kingdoms

Title: Between Two Kingdoms
Author: Joe Boyd
Reading level: All
Paperback: 191 pages
ISBN #: 9780784723586
Received From: FSB Associates
Publisher: Standard Publishing
Group Genre: Fantasy/Religious
Cover: A
Overall: A


"There is a land of two kingdoms, but only one true King. A living land, where foundations grow in trees and rivers sing and breathe. A dying land, where the darkness of a false prince threatens to swallow everything in its shadow. Enter Between Two Kingdoms with Tommy, an eternally seven-year-old child of the Great King, as he and his friends accept the challenge of the Good Prince to live as grown men and women in the Lower Kingdom—where hope is hidden, vision is clouded, and pride twists truth into a beautiful yet deadly deception."


To begin with I was a little leery at first about reading this book when I got an email about a possible review copy. My biggest worry was that I try not to mix religion and my love of books. but lets just say curiosity got this cat. And it didn't kill me; actually I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't the in your face religious sermon I was expecting but it still portrays a great message in a fun way. I can't tell you how much excitement I got out of searching for hidden meaning in the story. For example the name of the dark prince is Senkrad and if you reverse his name what do you get?......Darknes (Prince of Darkness anyone?) And there are so many more concealed messages throughout the novel. The storyline is enchanting and exciting and doesn't drag on. The setting is very vivid and although you can picture the places in religion they are also just as believable in this fantasy setting. And the characters are magical not just in the way they are written but also in personality. I think if the author was trying to make religion relate-able and fun for all ages he definitely has my attention. And my one wish for this book would be where was it when I was in High School? It has such a great message and teaches right and wrong without trying to stuff it down your throat! Bravo!

LOL = Lots Of Love

1 comment:

  1. I love searching for hidden meanings in things! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails