Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flirting With Forever

Title: Flirting With Forever
Author: Gwyn Cready
Reading level: more adult-ish
Paperback: 415 pages
ISBN #: 9781439107249
Received From: publicist
Publisher: Pocket Books
Group Genre: Historical Fiction/ Romance
Cover: A+
Overall: A-

"Art historian Campbell Stratford is about to make a name for herself with her scandalously sexy tell-all “fictographies” of famous seventeenth-century artists, but she’s more intimately familiar with her subjects than her eager readers can imagine. Thanks to a time portal she accidentally discovered, she has caused quite a stir in the Great Beyond. To save their reputations, the Guild protecting dead artists convinces playboy Peter Lely, portraitist to the king, to sabotage Cam’s latest project. A few hours posing on Sir Peter’s modeling chaise leads to a night of seductive passion—then Cam returns home and discovers his betrayal. But before she can turn her angry pen on her lover, Sir Peter makes a surprise visit to the future and transforms Cam’s twenty-first-century life into chaos of classic proportions. . . ."


Sometimes your just in the mood for a little romance and a lot of surprises and I have to say this book hit the spot! I loved how the author has researched the time period that her character Cam transports back to. Before this book I had little knowledge of Lely' s (the painter in the stories) work or if he was even a real historical figure? However; after being enthralled by the passion and characters of this novel I had to Wikepedia Peter Lely. And yes he was a real artist and many of the factual information on him in the book was correct. And that's what I loved about this book, it surprised me! I was just looking for a romance novel and voila! ....I stumble upon an amazing hit/fic book as well. To break the book down the romance is amazing sometimes a bit graphic so I wouldn't recommend the book to a younger crowd and the history was spellbinding! I love finding a new era and character/ historical figure to dwell on. (And that's what I call my passion). Everything was exquisitely written (the plot, characters and settings) and my favorite part is the little surprise twist at the end which might have you saying, "Oh, how did I forget about that?" My only complaint would have to be I wanted more of the ending but I guess that may remain to be seen!

LOL=Lots Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails