Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fanged & Fabulous


Title: Fanged & Fabulous
Author: Michelle Rowen
Reading level: All
Paperback: 331 pages
Received From: I bought it
Publisher: Warner Books Inc.
Group Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Cover: C
Overall:B+
"Just stake me now.
My name is Sarah Dearly, and I've got major problems. Last month, I was turned into a vampire by the world's worst blind date. Then I may have, totally by accident, started a war between the mostly peaceful bloodsuckers and a bunch of sociopathic vamp hunters who have nicknamed me the Slayer of Slayers.
Now I'm being used as bait to draw out the hunters' bad-ass leader, while my gorgeous 600-year-old boyfriend Thierry seems to be blowing me off, and my sizzle-hot, fanged friend Quinn is trying to turn my self-defence lessons into make-out sessions. So you know what? I'm done. I've had it. There comes a time when a vamp has to just suck it up and go after what she wants. And as soon as I figure out what that is, that's exactly what I'll do..."
Michelle Rowen sure can juggle! This book is laugh out loud funny combined with irresistible suspense, and romance. Oh, and of course vampires. She truly shows a present day woman's ( okay vampires) survival guide so to speak.
The main character Sarah Dearly is enthralling with her sarcastic wit, and material girl ways. It honestly reminds me of if the characters in "Clueless" were vampires. Sarah just can't get it right she yearns for a normal life yet craves excitement and passion. Although; throughout the book she sometimes gets a little whiny she definitely pulls through in the end.
I really liked the mystery and suspense that was encased inside this lil' Canadian vampire romance. It was like finally getting to the center of a tootsie pop, you know it's there but it's not what you'd expect it's better!
The only reason I didn't give this book an A was it wasn't a book that you can't put down. ( Even though Charlaine Harris was a big fan)I did enjoy the book as a quick read though. It was and excellent lazy-day-off-work read. And I suggest anyone looking to have a few laughs over a hopeless romantic vampire definitely pick up one of Michelle Rowens books.

1 comment:

  1. have been curious about this book so thanks for a great review!!=)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails