Sunday, January 31, 2010

Atonement: Book vs. Movie

So I just finished watching the movie version of "Atonement". It stayed pretty true to the book. Keira Knightly gives an award worthy performance as Cecilia Tallis and really does exemplify her book persona. Both girls that play Briony a far more endearing than her book version. And James McAvoy as Robbie is simply heart-wrenching. This movie unlike the book actually brought a tear to my eye. Also, as I predicted in my review the movie helped speed along the events that unfold in the book. And I like that the war scenes are in a little more depth than the book portrays them. I really enjoyed the directors view on the book (he even added a bit more life to the novel). All in all I have to say the movie takes this one! You can check out the trailor here if your interested. And let me know your opinion!





LOL= Lots Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails